Online and mobile check-in
Reduce contact and skip the stress of queues. Get through the airport faster for a better travel experience.
Can I check in online?
Online check-in is open 24 hours before the scheduled departure of your flight. Please note, once you have checked in online you are unable to cancel your check-in. If you have checked in and you do not plan to fly, please contact us.
Travelling in New Zealand
- You currently do not need proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test to travel domestically within New Zealand.
As international borders open and travel restrictions ease, we are opening online check-in for some international flights.
- If online check-in is available for your flight, you will need to ensure you have all the travel and health declarations required for your flight.
- If online check-in is not available for your flight, check-in will need to be manually completed at the airport. Please make sure you give yourself plenty of time at the airport to complete the check-in process and clear security.
Why should I check in online?
- Select your seat
You can still choose your seat when you check in online or on your mobile
- Receive your boarding pass by email
You can print it at home, or at the check-in kiosks at the airport. If you're in New Zealand, we can scan your emailed boarding pass from your phone
- Print bag tags yourself
If you're checking in bags, head straight to a kiosk to print out your bag tags when you arrive at the airport. Then take your bags to the bag drop. Details on your flight's exact check-in timings are on your email or e-ticket. Note that these are closing times and they include dropping off your bags if you have them.
If you're unable to check in online
- There may be operational issues
- There may be updates to border restrictions
- Your passport details may not be up to date
- You may not have the necessary visas
If you're unable to check in online, you'll need to check in at the airport so please allow some extra time.
I need to check in at the airport
Manage your booking
Your Airpoints account
The Air NZ app - get the app
When to check in online
Online check in opens 24 hours before your flight. If you're checking in a bag, remember that you still have to tag and drop your bags before bag drop closes. You should also be at the departure gate on time with a suitable type of boarding pass for your flight.
Bag drop closes:
30 minutes before domestic New Zealand flights
60 minutes before international flights, except for flights departing from Sydney, London Heathrow and all US and Canadian airports when it closes 75 minutes before your flight departure
The iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.
By downloading, installing or using the Air NZ app you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
iOS: Requires iOS 15.0 or later. Optimised for iPhone.
Android: Requires Android 8.0 or later. Optimised for Android Phones.