Travelling or returning to New Zealand
For the latest travel advice, please visit the New Zealand Government website.
These travel requirements may change before you travel, so be sure to check regularly. Failure to meet local requirements may result in denied boarding.
Entry & transit
- Check you meet entry and health requirements for travel to New Zealand.
- You will need a valid passport.
- If you are not a New Zealand or Australian citizen, you may need to apply for a visa or a New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority (NZeTA) for traveling to or transiting New Zealand.
- Don't forget to check travel requirements for any countries/regions you will pass through in transit and on your return journey.
COVID-19 requirements for travel to New Zealand
Travellers no longer require proof of vaccination or a pre-departure test to enter New Zealand.
Transit in New Zealand
If you are transiting New Zealand to another international destination, you do not require proof of vaccination, but please check your final destination's entry requirements to confirm if you need a pre-departure test.
New Zealand Traveller Declaration (NZTD)
- If New Zealand is your final destination, you must complete a New Zealand Traveller Declaration (NZTD) before departure.
- You can start your NZTD up to 28 days before you fly.
- After you have successfully completed your NZTD, you'll receive a Traveller Pass to present at check-in and upon arrival in New Zealand.
- If you have any questions or are having difficulty completing your NZTD, check the New Zealand Government website for further advice or reach out to the NZTD Contact Centre for assistance.