Sponsorship & community
Whether we’re getting behind New Zealand talent, wine makers or inspiring youth, we want to showcase the very best of New Zealand to the world.
Through our sponsorship and community partners Air New Zealand is committed to a purpose that’s bigger than just our airline; that is to supercharge New Zealand’s success socially, environmentally and economically.
We do this by enhancing New Zealand’s natural environment through investment in biodiversity conservation, for our people by inspiring young New Zealanders and sharing world class knowledge and for our economy by promoting iconic destinations, events, people and world class New Zealand.
When it comes to sponsorship Air New Zealand considers applications for national and international events, individuals or organisations that:
- Supercharge New Zealand’s success
- Communicate our brand values and attributes to our target audience
- Showcase our world class product & service
- Increase awareness of New Zealand as a visitor destination
- Engage and delight those who travel
- Connect with Air New Zealand employees
- Generate revenue for Air New Zealand
- We work with a number of iconic New Zealanders who embody the world class culture and performance Air New Zealand has become renowned for. These sponsored individuals are: Mahe Drysdale, Sophie Pascoe, Lisa Carrington, Jossi Wells, Valerie Adams, Richie McCaw, Eric Murray & Hamish Bond.
- For more than 30 years Air New Zealand has partnered with Koru Care 4 NZ, providing flights for close to 2000 children between the ages of 7 to 15 with serious and often ongoing medical conditions to experience amazing destinations like Disneyland in California or Dreamworld in the Gold Coast. These once in a lifetime trips allow the kids to enjoy themselves as all children should. Air New Zealand staff also take part to help chaperone and make the overseas trips memorable for every child from the moment they arrive at the airport. Koru Care 4 NZ is made up of four branches throughout New Zealand.
- Air New Zealand has supported the Starship Foundation for over 10 years in a variety of ways including donations and staff volunteering their time for Christmas activities or to visit the wards. Our support goes towards the Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) at Starship which is a regional and national service for children requiring intensive care. As a charitable organisation, the Starship Foundation exists through the generosity of the New Zealand public and organisations to remain at the forefront of paediatric care.Find out more about Starship Foundation
- Air New Zealand has sponsored the Attitude Awards for a number of years which is a national event that acknowledges the hundreds of thousands of Kiwis who live with disability every day. Our support provides the travel component for the prize winners who are recognised annually for their achievements and successes which hopefully inspire others to follow in their footsteps.Find out more about Attitude Awards
- Air New Zealand’s new Airpoints™ for Schools programme will enable Airpoints members to support communities throughout New Zealand by donating Airpoints Dollars™ to selected schools to help with their travel needs. It’s an exciting new programme that will inspire teachers and students nationwide.Find out more about Airpoints for Schools